HUNTSVILLE, Ala. – Huntsville Hospital and Thrive Alabama are teaming up again to offer drive-through COVID-19 testing for the week of August 10th through August 14th.
The testing sites will be open from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., or until supplies run out.
- Monday, Aug. 10 – Testing in homeless communities around the city
- Tuesday, Aug. 11 – Cavalry Hills community/St. Bartley Primitive Baptist Church, 3020 Belafonte Ave., Huntsville, AL 35816
- Wednesday, Aug. 12 – New Market community/Bethany Primitive Baptist Church, 280 Beth Road, New Market, AL 35761
- Thursday, Aug. 13 – North Huntsville/Union Chapel Missionary Baptist Church, 315 Winchester Road, Huntsville, AL 35811
- Friday, Aug. 14 – No testing events scheduled
According to organizers, a physician order is not required, but patients should bring their driver’s license or other photo ID and health insurance card. Drivers and passengers are asked to remain in their calls at all times.
HH says mobile testing is intended for asymptomatic individuals with recent exposure to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
Huntsville Hospital’s Fever & Flu Clinic on Governors Drive is the primary testing location for anyone with COVID-19 symptoms. The clinic is open weekdays from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Specimens collected at the drive-through sites and Fever & Flu Clinic are sent to outside laboratories where results take about a week.