HUNTSVILLE, Ala. (WAFF) - Huntsville and Madison county residents have a new way of checking out materials from their local libraries.
Beginning May 6 at all locations except Cavalry and Showers Center, the libraries will offer curbside pick up service. These services operate from 10 a.m. until 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
To use the curbside service, you must place a hold on items using the virtual catalog. After placing a hold, residents will receive a notification when their order is ready to be picked up at the selected location.
- After you receive notification that your hold is ready, please visit the branch you selected to pick up your items Monday-Friday, between 10:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- Because of the automated book drop at the Madison Public Library, patrons picking up there will have to wait 24 hours after receiving their notification. Every other branch will send the notice after the 24-hour quarantine.
- When you arrive, follow instructions to call the branch on the outdoor signage. A staff member will assist you.
- Please do not come into the branch. Once your items have been brought out to an outside table, please wait until you can keep six feet of distance to retrieve your items.
- You will need to get out of your car. We will not be delivering items to your car.
- Please return your materials using the book drops rather than placing them on the outside tables to allow safe handling for staff members.